One of the primary challenges GFCF families face when it's time to head back to school is planning gluten-free lunches and snacks.
Here are a few tips to help make sticking to GFCF at school a little easier for you and your kids:
- Formally notify your school of your child's dietary restrictions.
- Attain a copy of the school's lunch menu and determine what can be made GFCF and duplicated in a sack lunch.
- Purchase a thermos to keep food warm.
- Udi's sandwich bread is great and doesn't need toasting.
- Have your child assist with creating their lunches - they'll be more likely to eat it.
- Remind your child that their food is made especially for them and that it's important that they not trade or share.
Gluten-Free On the Go: GFCFDoneEasy.com Now on Twitter